The PI System unlocks operational insights and new possibilities
The PI System enables digital transformation through trusted, high-quality operations data. Collect, enhance, and deliver data in real time in any location. Empower engineers and operators. Accelerate the work of analysts and data scientists. Support new business opportunities.
How the PI System works
- CollectCollect real-time data from hundreds of assets—including legacy, proprietary, remote, mobile, and IIoT devices. The PI System connects you to your data, no matter the location or format.
- StoreStore decades worth of data with sub-second resolution. Get immediate access to high-fidelity historical, real-time, and predictive data to keep critical operations running and business insights coming.
- ContextualizeMake data more meaningful by adding intuitive labels and metadata. Define data hierarchies that reflect your operating and reporting environments. With context, you don’t just see a data point, you see the big picture.
- Visualize and actEasily create your own custom reports and views, so you can monitor processes and troubleshoot on the spot. Quickly drill down from high-level summaries to see issues in an individual asset. Compare downtime events and batch datasets to identify patterns and replicate best practices.
- Integrate, share, and empower
Deliver trustworthy, analysis-ready operations data to analytics tools and machine-learning algorithms to derive new insights. Easily send data to the cloud with just a few clicks to start collaborating with analysts, data scientists, and even partners and service providers outside your organization. Operational agility, made easy.
See the PI System in action
Built to meet your needs
Whether at the core of operations or connecting from edge to cloud, the PI System goes where your company goes. Explore our core, edge, and cloud offerings.
Develop custom applications on top of the PI System. Integrate PI System data with other business systems, custom applications, reporting and analytics platforms, web portals, and maintenance systems.